Request Call Back


Settlement Agreement

Set -agree

If you have recently been involved in a dispute with your employer, or you are being made redundant then you may be invited to an 'off the record' discussion at which they raise the issue of a settlement or compromise agreement. You might be asked to sign a settlement agreement in exchange for an additional payment or other benefits. However, this is not always as straightforward a process as it sounds and we would recommend that, to protect your best interests, you seek professional advice. This may be from your trade union representative or from a specialist employment solicitor - in which case ThomasMansfield would be delighted to assist.

We can represent you in negotiations with your employer about the terms of the settlement agreement, including the financial compensation, ensuring that you defend your rights through what can be a highly complex process. We can also advise you on the specific terms of the settlement agreement (or compromise agreement), ensuring that you understand the limits that it will be likely to impose on any future employment tribunal claims you might make. We have an excellent track record of negotiating successful outcomes for our employee clients with settlement agreements.  Please click here to see what our clients say about our approach and results.

Settlement agreement facts:

In most cases where we assist with settlement agreements, the employer's contributions covers all our fees so our client doesn't have to pay anything. We will make out an invoice in your name but this will be payable by your employers as part of the settlement, so we will send this directly to them.

  • Working with us - While we are delighted to meet up with you in person, we understand that this can be difficult. So, if you prefer, we can arrange a telephone conference with you at a convenient time. Alternatively you can come to one of our offices inLondon, Croydon or Southampton, or your employment solicitor can meet you in another location, including Bromley,Reading,Kingston upon Thames, Maidstone,Crawley,Dartford or Tunbridge Wells.
  • Documents we will need to see - We need copies of the draft compromise agreement, your employment contract if you have one and any related documents. We will also need to check your identity and place of residence, so please bring a drivers licence or passport and a utility bill showing your current address.

Initiating a settlement (compromise) agreement with us

If you would like to have an informal, no-obligations discussion of your circumstances, or to arrange a meeting/telephone call, then please call us on 0845 6017756 or e-mail us at

Client Testimonials

"Very happy with service"

Customer Feedback