Offices: London City - Liverpool Street, Bromley, Maidstone, Dartford, London - Tokenhouse Yard, Canary Wharf, Camden, Croydon
telephone: 020 7426 4901
Jonathan is one of the founding partners of ThomasMansfield with a wide range of experience in the employment law field working for both corporate and individual clients. After being admitted as a solicitor in 1996 Jonathan worked for a number of heavyweight legal practices before identifying the need for a niche employment law practice in London and the South-East. He set up ThomasMansfield LLP in January 2004 together with Neill Thomas.
Prior to training in the law Jonathan worked in France for a number of years and retains a keen interest in foreign languages.
Jonathan advises and represents corporate and senior executive clients on employment law issues. He has clients in a range of sectors including a national call centre provider, security and facilities management and not for profit organisations. He frequently advises individuals in senior positions within the financial services and other fields.
Jonathan has represented clients as an advocate in both the Employment Tribunal and the Employment Appeal Tribunal.
Jonathan is personally recommended in the current edition of Chambers Guide to the Legal Profession on the back of client endorsements:-
"...delivers rapid and prompt advice..."
"...explains issues in layman's terms which gives us confidence..."
Jonathan helped devise and script a number of DVD and computer based training packages. He has also lectured and trained widely on employment law issues as well as being interviewed on several occasions by the BBC and commercial broadcasters.
Areas of expertise include:
- Drafting and advising on contracts of employment and executive service agreements
- Advice, drafting and representation in Employment Tribunal claims
- Advice on confidentiality and post-termination restrictions
- Advice on disciplinary and grievance procedures
- How to deal with discrimination complaints
- Transfer of Undertakings (TUPE)
- Redundancy processes
- Advice and representation in discrimination cases
- Advice on severance
- Advice and representation in unfair dismissal claims
- All aspects of discrimination law
- Severance packages and settlement agreements
- Advising on confidentiality and post-termination restrictions
- Contractual disputes
- Successfully defending a large national client in a redundancy/unfair dismissal claim;
- Successfully representing a large client on dismissal due to outside pressure;
- Winning large settlement from local authority in a disability discrimination case;
- Favourable settlement in a challenge to removal of final salary pension scheme.
"The most important aspect to my case was clear legal information and guidance both of which were outstanding."
"I was pleasantly surprised at the friendly and at times humorous approach. It was refreshing to see and I would have no hesitation in recommending Jonathan."
- The Law Society
- The Employment Lawyers Association
- The Industrial Law Society.