Allison is an Associate Solicitor in the Employment team at Thomas Mansfield Solicitors. She joined Thomas Mansfield after completing her training at international law firm DAC Beachcroft LLP in London, where she spent four years advising and acting for major healthcare, commercial, and financial services clients.
Before studying law Allison spent several years as a labour union campaign strategist in the US, giving her a highly pragmatic and strategic approach to advising both employers and employees. Allison regards herself as a problem-solver first and foremost and is able to quickly grasp the key elements of a dispute or problem.
Allison has experience in a broad range of employment law work, from defending claims in the employment tribunal to advising employees on their restrictive covenants and drafting written HR policies. She has a particular interest in achieving solutions to complex disputes.
Allison studied English at University College London, and the GDL and LPC at The University of Law.
Areas of expertise include:
- Defending and resolving employment tribunal claims and other disputes
- Advising on dismissals and disciplinary and grievance procedures, including appeals
- Advising and taking action on post-termination restrictions and confidentiality clauses
- Advising on redundancy and the Transfer of Undertakings
- Advising on all aspects of discrimination law
- Advising on worker and employment status
- Drafting contracts, handbooks, and policies
- Advising on and negotiating severance packages and settlement agreements
- Advising on disputes, grievances, and dismissals, including employment tribunal and other legal claims
- Advising on whistleblowing, discrimination, victimisation, and harassment
- Reviewing and advising on contracts of employment, including for senior executives
The Law Society, Employment Lawyers Association, and Industrial Law Society.