COVID-19 Arrangements: We cannot meet in person at the moment but telephone and video calls are available to discuss all matters. To find out more Get in touch
Emma graduated in 2012 with a BA(Hons) in Law. She completed her training contract in the City at Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer and has previously worked as both an employment law and pensions paralegal. Emma joined Thomas Mansfield in April 2018 to focus exclusively on employment law.
Emma carries out a wide range of contentious and non-contentious employment work for both employer and employee clients. Her background in corporate law means she particularly understands the commercial impact of employment law issues.
She advises employers on drafting contracts of employment and employee handbooks, handling disciplinary and capability proceedings and grievances and how to avoid employment tribunal claims.
She acts for employees in relation to all types of dispute including unfair dismissal and all discrimination claims. She has a particular interest in cases of disability discrimination.
Areas of expertise include:
- Advising on dismissals and the handling of disciplinary and grievance procedures, including appeals
- Advising on the legal aspects of conduct and performance dismissals
- Discrimination law
- Drafting contracts and advising on their variation
- Preparing handbooks and policies
- Taking action in relation to breaches of post-termination restrictions and breaches of confidentiality
- Advising on avoiding employment tribunal claims
- Advising on and negotiating severance packages and settlement agreements
- Advising on the handling of disciplinary and grievance procedures, including appeals
- Advice on all types of dismissal claims
- Advice on whistleblowing, discrimination, victimisation,harassment and equal pay/terms claims
- Reviewing and advising on contracts of employment, including for senior executives
Law Society and Employment Lawyers Association