Paula is a Partner at Thomas Mansfield and Head of the Dispute Resolution team. Paula focuses on complex commercial, employment and media disputes and has worked at specialist media and commercial law firms. Paula has a commercial and strategic approach to solving disagreements and works closely with clients on complicated issues, leading her to become a trusted advisor to a wide range of high profile individual and corporate clients.
Paula is an experienced litigator and employment lawyer and deals with disputes including breach of contract, copyright and trade mark infringement, breach of confidentiality, shareholder and director disputes, unfair dismissal, discrimination and enforcement of restrictive covenants.
Paula also has substantial experience in advising employers and employees across a wide range of employment issues, including employment contracts and service agreements, HR policies, disciplinaries/grievances and negotiating settlements and high profile exits. She has advised a wide range of high profile private and corporate clients including international organisations, high net worth individuals, financial institutions, law firms, retail chains, charities, senior executives, and media professionals and organisations.
Paula has sat on the panel of the Entrepreneurship Project at the Saïd Business School, University of Oxford, giving guidance and feedback on business ideas and investor-style pitches, and is also a mentor to LPC students at the University of Westminster.
- Acted for a high net worth individual in successfully striking out claims made against him for conspiracy valued at over US$10 million relating to the dealings of a luxury retail business. Judgment was subsequently upheld at the Court of Appeal.
- Acted for a successful defendant in a high profile trial in the Commercial Court in relation to a substantial civil fraud claim.
- Acted for a law firm defending claim for unfair dismissal and sex discrimination and advising on partnership dispute and reputational matters.
- Acted for a leading supermarket in defending claims for unfair dismissal, sex and race discrimination.
- Advised a national newspaper in relation to a claim for copyright infringement.
- Advised a former manager of international band on breach of contract claim for substantial post-termination commission.
- Advised a former manager of songwriters on breach of contract claims in respect of hit songs including Grammy and Ivor Novello winning records.
- Acted for a luxury bathroom manufacturer in relation to claims for breach of contract, unfair competition and breach of shareholders’ agreement.
- Acted for various individuals and companies in relation to claims for breach of fiduciary and director duties and shareholder disputes.
Employment Lawyers Association