Peter Fitzpatrick is an experienced civil and commercial litigator. He has his own practice under the Valemus banner. Thomas Mansfield Solicitors Limited refer work to Peter when their clients want advice on civil or commercial disputes.
Peter is able to litigate most civil and commercial disputes in the civil courts. He is also able to provide guidance prior to issuing proceedings and advise strategically on tactics to induce settlement.
Peter qualified in 1986 and hasfocused on litigation and contentious disputes since then. From 1989 until 2015 he worked at a City firm of solicitors wherehe became a partner in 1995. Although he dealt with generallitigation he specialised in insurance disputes.
In 2015 he left the City firm and,essentially, set up on his own. He still concentrates oncontentious work.
Peter has considerable litigation experience, dealing with claims involving a few thousand pounds to millions of pounds. He works in both the county court and the High Court.
Examples of his clients and their cases are as follows:
- a retailer in a £1.7M claim for loss suffered as a result of a fire at one of its warehouses
- a care in the community property developer against its insurance broker for loss in excess of £1M as a result of its insurance policy not responding
- a haulage company in a claim against its insurance broker for around £170,000 as a result of its insurance policy not responding
- a private school in a quantum dispute with its insurers over the amount due to the school following a major fire
- a professional landlord in a long running dispute with his landlord
- the family of a deceased partner in a farm business in relation to a land dispute with his former partner
- a retired couple in relation to an insurance dispute with their property insurers following a flood
- a flat owner in a claim against the builders of her property for the loss and damage she suffered as a result of a flood at the property
- a group of neighbours in dispute with one of their neighbours over his care of a shared driveway
- a buy to let landlord in a claim against his solicitors for loss suffered in an ineffective purchase
- a property owner in relation to loss suffered as a result of the collapse of the building
- a majority shareholder in a claim brought by a minority shareholder
- a minority shareholder in a claim brought against the majority shareholders
“Peter quickly armed himself with all the facts and synthesised the main issues to deal with the matter swiftly. His unravelling of the complexities of the issues and application of the correct level of pressure resulted in a successful conclusion.”
“Peter Fitzpatrick was a very capable, calm, knowledgeable and proactive lawyer. He has many years of experience and I fully recommend his services. He built a realistic view of the case and didn’t create false hope and expectation, even though it may not have been what I wanted to hear. I fully recommend him.”
- Law Society